School's Out! FINALLY!

We finally had our last week of school and I felt like I spent the whole week there. The week started with Ethan's award ceremony. He got the Fabulous Friend award and I thought that was fitting, since his teacher is always telling us how well he gets along with the whole class. He had a great year, but I felt a little emotional about my baby going into 1st grade!


Next, I got to plan and attend a surprise baby shower for Morgan's teacher Mrs. Stiles. We coordinated it with another teacher to be sure the time would work. Then, I kicked her out of the classroom for a few minutes while we set-up. The kids were VERY excited, and WILD!! I was afraid the principal might get called in. They turned out the lights and screamed surprise when Mrs. Stiles came back and she couldn't believe it. We gathered money to buy her all of her crib bedding, curtains, and a few other things. We also had cupcakes with pacifier suckers on top. The suckers were a huge hit. It was very nice to be able to do that for her. She was a good teacher. Morgan and many of her friends will have her again next year because she's moving to 4th grade, so they are keeping the class together.

Next, was Morgan's awards, which I got no pictures of, because Drew and Ethan were naughty and the lighting was bad. But, Morgan got an Accelerated Reader award and an Awesome Author award. She was surprised that her teacher named her Awesome Author and I think she was kind of proud.

Finally, I helped with Ethan's end of the year party. We had ice cream sundaes (with no toppings, since none of our parents remembered!). Then, we played a couple games and the kids all got frog tattoos. It was actually kind of a flop, because the rest of our games got rained out. But, no one seemed to mind and the kids were all happy with their frog prizes. I really appreciated how much Ethan's teacher Mrs. Hendershot got to know him and how well she tried to meet his learning needs.

AND NOW. . . SCHOOL'S OUT! I always love the first week of summer. The kids are always happy to be home and I usually have a lot of energy, so I'm looking forward to it. This year, I only have one week with them and then I'm off to Girl's Camp, so I've got a ton to do. Welcome summer!!

0 comments: