Drew is not Two



Grandma Little gave Drew a card that said "Drew is not 2, he is 3" a couple weeks before his birthday. After that, we spent at least a few minutes every day talking about "my birthday" and turning 3. Needless to say, he was VERY excited when the day came. We decorated his door, so that he knew it had arrived first thing in the morning; and he came out to find the Diego Trike that is pictured above (from Grandma and Grandpa Hofer). It was the start of a very good day!

We spent most of the morning getting ready for our neighborhood "Froggy" party. Drew helped make cupcakes and took a good nap, and then the party began. We had 13 children (including Kristi's 5) and 8 adults. It turned out to be more chaos than anything else, even though I had several games and activities planned. But, it was fun chaos! Then, the moment came that Drew has been waiting for ALL year. HIS turn to blow out the candles. I wish I could have caught his full expression on camera! It was pure joy! It was such a fun day for everyone, but best of all Drew was sooo happy all day. Not one grumpy moment.

Note: Interestingly enough, Drew came down with strep throat in the night. Strange, since he really was very happy and well-behaved all day. So, we were off to the doctor the day after his birthday, and then did his three year check up a week later. Drew is the runt of the family (poor guy). He is 37 inches tall and only 30 pounds, which puts him in the 35th percentile. Both his brother and sister have always been in the 75th percentile or above. I guess that's fits, since he's my baby!

1 comments:

Suzette said...

Drew is getting so big. His hair is so adorable!

I can't believe it's been three years already. I guess a lot HAS happened in those three short years.

I will always picture him in my head the way he was when we lived in Clarkston. Him and Kempton toddling around.

I loved the update!