


I am always trying to come up with more activities we can do as a family. I've also been trying to find ways to stay active, so I decided it was time for me to get a bike! I searched around and ended up going to my local bike shop and getting a modest hybrid bike, which I love! My next mission was to find a way for Drew to participate in this family activity. He is old enough that the bike trailer idea was not appealing to him, so I found this very cool bike seat that attaches to the front of an adult bike. I put it on my bike first, and found it to be a TON of fun but a bit dangerous for me to stop, so now it's attached to Matthew's bike. Drew LOVES it! He feels like he's "driving" the bike.
Since getting my bike, our family has spent many evenings out on bikes! It's been so long since I rode, that I forgot how good it feels to fly down a hill. Ethan likes to be the leader of the pack, and he definitely rides fast enough. We are also glad to have him in front because he tends to be a little crazy and none of us want him to crash into us! Drew thinks he's part of a race the whole time and is very happy to be "winning". Morgan likes to take her time in the back of the line. In the end, we all have a good time and are keeping active. I really enjoy biking as a family and look forward to going out on some longer rides this summer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I have never seen one of these before. I think it would creep me out a little to have Jayson squirming in front of me. We have a trailer that has always been attached to Jon's bike, but I'm thinking I need to try it since he works all day. I need to get biking more too. Wish we could go together.
Post a Comment