Discover Cashback


People who know me well, know that I'm a shopper. But, I have to get the best deal possible, and in most cases, it needs to be online (because my kids are naughty in the store). So, one of the ways I do this is by earning cashback on my purchases. I started with some of the online cashback sites. More recently, I've been using Discover Card cashback. I am hooked, and will probably always keep my Discover Card around, because it is such a great program. Discover Card is trying to spread the word on this program, so I'm blogging about it in order to win a $50 Gift Card. We shall see!

Before I buy anything online, I check ShopDiscover.com to see if they are a participating merchant. Some of my favorite are HPshopping (5%), Nike.com (10%), Shoes.com (15%), and all the Gap Stores (5%). Then, I link through the Discover website to these sites. When I'm ready to check out, I can still use coupons and free shipping offers in most cases. I make sure to pay with my Discover Card and then I send my order. Now, here's the good part. Most online cashback sites make you wait 60-90 days to get your money. It's a slow process. In my experience, I've recieved my cashback by my next billing cycle almost every time! Very quick!

Finally, I love the options that Discover Card gives me for using my cashback. I can either apply it directly to my account balance, get a check sent to me, or use it to buy a gift certificate at a participating merchant. The gift certificates are very tempting! I can spend $40 of my cashback bonus, but can get a $50 gift certificate. Another bonus! In a day where we all have to watch our spending, this is a wonderful way get the best deal!

UPDATE: I WON! Woo Hoo!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Here's another way we are alike. I've had my Discover card for YEARS. It's my card of choice. We run everything through it. But you've inspired me to double check the cashback sites. I shop online tons (because my children are naughty in stores too) and I haven't used that benefit. You may have just saved me more money. Thanks for the tip.