Every one of my children have gone through that stage where they have been my shadow. It is a stage that I don't particularly like, because I no longer have any personal space. I find myself feeling very claustrophobic. Drew is at that stage. Desperate times call for desperate measures, so I often have to creatively find ways to get some space.
One of those ways is letting him play on the kitchen counter. As many moms do, I find myself in the kitchen A LOT. Drew loves the kitchen, and having him at my ankles just wasn't working, so I began putting him on the counter. While I am working, he lays on the counter, hangs off of it, and slides on his belly all over it. It makes Matthew very nervous and I even had another mom worried about it. But, what can one do?! So, he continues to spend quite a bit of time on the counter and is learning a bit about cooking while he's at it.

Drew helping with dinner.
1 comments:
I think that is a great idea! Cedric is the same way and I feel like I am constantly telling him to go away. I need to get creative to I guess!
Post a Comment