The Wii

We debated and debated whether Santa should bring a Wii for Christmas.  We'd avoided video games because our kids already get enough screen time between TV and computer. But, it was Ethan's only Christmas wish.  He believed so fully that Santa would bring him what he really wanted.  So, we gave Santa the OK.  I was determined that if we were going to get the Wii we were going to use it to "get off the couch" and move, so I researched the games and found one called Outdoor Adventure.  It comes with a mat (kind of like DDR) and you use both the Wii remote and the mat.  So, Santa left the Wii and the new game in front of the fireplace on Christmas morning.


(above: Drew, Ethan and Morgan playing Mountain Boarder on the Outdoor Adventure mat)

So, how do I like it?  I LOVE it!  It has been the source of memorable family time.  It is teaching my children coordination and keeping them in shape.  Every one of them can play, even Drew (at 2 years old).  

Do I play it?  Of course!  My muscles have been sore since Christmas because of this new game. At first, Matthew figured I was just out of shape, but then I had him do my workout.  He was surprised that I could even kill myself like that on a regular basis!  It is mental therapy for me when I need to get frustration out; and it is a way for me to spend time with my kids, when I don't have the emotional energy to "play".  I really feel that I needed the Wii in my life!  

1 comments:

The Schacher Family said...

That looks like so much fun! We just bought a PS3 and were debating between that and a WII. We neededs something to play DVD's on though so we got the PS3. I want to get a WII one day for the excersise purpose. I think it would motivate me!