Whether for good or bad Odyssey of the Mind is over. I mentioned the struggles I'd been having with my group before, and I have to say that the whole process was a struggle. Those kids were wild! They bounced and chased all over my house, and after only completing half of what we needed to do at each meeting, I almost gave up! Even when they did focus, there were times I wasn't sure that it was possible for children to build a candy factory with a chocolate waterfall inside. I questioned whether 7 children under the age of 8 could really move all their scenery into a staging area and perform an 8 minute show with NO adult help or prompting. I was still questioning this the day before our tournament. But, it IS possible! Although the performance was hardly flawless, the kids really pulled through. It was especially fun, as a mother to see Ethan act so responsible during the performance. I don't usually get to see that side of him. In the end, I was glad that I did it. Whether I will ever do it again, now that I'm not sure about!!!
This is a picture of the kids after it was over. They are proudly holding their ribbons that they were given by the judges. You can see our "Candy Factory" in the background.
This was taken before the performance. The kids had to squish themselves and all of our props into a staging area before beginning. Everything HAD to fit in the taped off area, even their toes. They are kind of picky about things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hi Jenna-
Looks like you had a lot of fun. Go celebrate! I'm glad you liked my april fool's food. I just did a google search and found lots of fun stuff! It was a fun day!
Post a Comment