Family Fun

During the week, I get so tired of my family, and I wish I could have a break from them.  But, then life slows down for a moment and we get to have some fun; and I realize that it's not THEM that I need a break from, but it's just the drudgery of life.  I wish we could always just play together!


  

These pictures were taken while we were "playing" on Sunday night.  The kids had all kinds of energy and soon they started dog-piling on the couch.  Next, we had to test Dad's strength with all 3 kids on his back.  We added it up and he was carrying over 140 pounds.  Now my kids are sure that THEIR Dad is the strongest around.  Soon everyone insisted that I get in on the action.  I had to prove that I am the strongest Mom around too, so I carried dad on my back (which is more than 140 pounds).  I ended the event by wowing everyone as I stood on Matthew's shoulders.  In my old age, I've lost my guts, so I wouldn't let go of his hands; but the kids were still impressed.  We had a fun time!


3 comments:

Suzette said...

I am very impressed by your cheerleading moves! Sometimes I do a somersault just to see if I still have it. :) It really does take more effort these days.

The Schacher Family said...

Those are awesome pictures! What fun!

Joe and Edith said...

Awww I miss the family ruffle!