Why a Blog?

My husband Matthew has been working on a blog for our family for the past year.  He loves keeping it up to date and does a good job.  So, why do I need a blog?  A friend of mine mentioned that blogs can be made into books.  Then, when we were off visiting family over Christmas, I saw a book that someone had made.  I realized that it wasn't just a book, but a history.  Suddenly it hit me, that this is how I was finally going to keep my own history!  I want my children to know about their mother.  I want them to know some of my thoughts.  So, here I am starting a blog.  I plan to put the typical pictures and day to day happenings, but even more important I'm hoping to put a little of me into it.  Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Suzette said...

I am so excited that you started a blog. I look forward to your updates! :) I hope I can comment, I guess I'll soon find out.

The Schacher Family said...

That is a good way to look at it. I am glad that I have a blog maybe I am doing something right in my life. Where can you get blog made into books?

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you! You guys look just the same (in all the good ways - of course) and your kids are adorable and sound very accomplished! Keep us posted!
~J & B Hancock

Jennifer said...

Don't get too excited about the book thing yet if you were planning to use Blurb. I had my first year printed, but their software currently does NOT service blogger. They claim that they are eventually going to, but no promises. I guess there are other companies that do this, but this one was the one I heard the most about. The book was well done, just not available right now.

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

I am going to add you to my list of blogs...I love to check and see what everyone is doing...wouldn't it be fun to get together sometime for dinner - all 4 of us, Lyn and Melanie? Oh well, it is a hope!
Jaymie